Tuesday, January 19, 2010

LOL Speak

LOL speak is not appropriate for emailing a potential suiter. The person was in his early 30s, okay so english is not his first language but he came to the United States to learn english. He certainly learned the IM speak for the US. I have included an example I recently received below.

hi..!!! well..I liked ur profile...u r pretty beautiful...beautiful smile.. if I have chance, answer me and I can talk more about me.

see u... ( I hope...)


Please. I do not think of myself as a stuck-up bitch but I must comment on the text and included a list of things wrong. I am sure you can list some I have missed.
1. Capitalization is useful when beginning an email.
2. One exclaimation point is enough. Three is a bit much.
3. Periods. I can understand using more than one occasionally but...
4. Please show me you have some self confidence and not needy. No one wants a needy man.

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment